- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
- Ramping Up Rapid Re-Housing Series
Give a Gift that Gives Back
November 23, 2012
The holiday season is a time to be thankful and a time to make a difference in the lives of others! This Black Friday, instead of scouring advertisements or waiting in long lines to buy things that may or may not fit, consider giving a gift that supports the Alliance’s work to end homelessness. Here’s how:
- Make a Donation. A meaningful way of honoring someone on your gift list who may already have one of everything is to make a donation to the Alliance in that person’s name. The person will receive a handwritten holiday card saying that your contribution in their name will help end homelessness. Your donation to the Alliance can be made in recognition of the the positive influence someone has had on your life, or as a celebration of something special.
- Get a t-shirt. This holiday season, we are excited to offer End Homelessness t-shirts. They come in two colors, navy and maroon, and a variety of sizes. These were very popular during our summer conference, so we decided to make them available during the holidays too. They make a great stocking-stuffer. (We even have an End Homelessness T-Shirt campaign. Just snap a picture of yourself wearing your End Homelessness T-Shirt and send it to us via Facebook, Twitter or email. What better way to show your dedication to ending homelessness without ever saying a word!)
- Shop online. When you’re shopping online, don’t forget to use GoodSearch.com to make purchases from your favorite stores and outlets. A percentage of your purchase will be donated to the Alliance.
- Or... Through the kindness of our partners, we are also offering holiday cards and handmade jewelry options. You can support the Alliance with each purchase.
With all of these great gift options, you can avoid the Black Friday madness, and instead spend the day after Thanksgiving sleeping in, staying warm and doing something you love!