- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
LAST CHANCE for TANF ECF
September 22, 2010
- Call your senators and ask to speak to the person who works on welfare issues. Don’t know the number? Call the congressional switchboard to find out: 202-224-3121.
- When the staffer who works on welfare issues picks up, ask him or her to urge their boss (read: the senator) to call Senate leaders and tell them that they support extending TANF ECF.
- If you can, report back! We want to hear what happened – what they said, what they promised, if they had any objections. Learning about your efforts can help us make a more concerted try with ours. Call (202-942-2856), email, or drop us a note here or on Facebook.
- provided cash assistance to low-income families;
- provided short-term rent assistance to families experiencing a housing crisis; and
- created 250,000 subsidized employment opportunities nationally, many of which will end on September 30 if Congress does not act to extend the funding.