- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
- Ramping Up Rapid Re-Housing Series
Notes from the Board Room
November 24, 2009
Every Tuesday, the Alliance staff gets together and discusses the major projects on our plate. It's a weekly habit for the staff, but it's always been helpful to me - in my generalist capacity - to catch bits that sound interesting that I can share with you guys.
So here are a few highlights:
- In the month of October, the Alliance will lead two meetings: a capacity-building summit for service providers in the D.C. metro region in Georgetown, D.C. and a research council meeting during which the council may realign their research goals to current interests and needs.
- We're looking to identify two promising new strategies for family homelessness - best practices, diversion methods, and supportive services are all game.
- We're working on hammering out some of the ramifications of the Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act, and sharing what the ramifications of this might be to existing programs, including the McKinney-Vento assistance programs.
- We're noting that it's is National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month. More on that later.
That's what's happening in our neck of the woods!