- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
The 10 Best Things on Our Website
October 20, 2010
- The Interactive Tools and Solutions section. HRI produces a number of charts, tools, and maps to help you better understand homelessness. Some of the more recent tools illustrate the number of doubled-up households in the United States, HPRP spending per household in the cities we’re tracking, and reductions in point-in-time counts necessary to meet the goals outlined in the federal strategic plan to end homelessness.
- The (new!) HPRP Youth Profile series If you feel like youth homelessness has broken the media barrier, I'd agree with you. Youth homelessness is getting noticed as, as ending youth homelessness is one of our 2010 Policy Priorities, we've had our eyes out. This series highlights how some communities are effectively using federal HPRP dollars to service this vulnerable population.
- Our Issues Sections. So you're feeling ready to go a little deeper? We go over the major topics we study at the Alliance. You’ll get an overview of chronic, family, veterans, and youth homelessness. We also go over rural homelessness, domestic violence, mental and physical health, and re-entry issues.
- Check out the Solutions. Don't forget: we don't just study homelessness - we're about ending it. In this section, we show you how. We go over the best practices and effective policies necessary to end all types of homelessness. Among then is the Alliance-championed Ten Year Plan, as well as the [also Alliance-championed] Housing First principle. We also include information about prevention and rapid re-housing, including the President’s stimulus-funded, Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program.
- The new Training section Our capacity building team has really been making waves! They're working on serious, on the ground issues with local communities to help them implement the best methods to end homelessness in their communities. They've also launched a great Performance Improvement Clinic (formerly called the HEARTH Academy), helping people prepare for the changes that'll take effect next year. If you're a provider, this is the section for you!
- Local Progress Here we post on-the-ground examples of real, live plans put into practice. And, as you can imagine, those plans yielded some quantifiable results! We’ve posted snapshots from San Francisco, New York City, Denver, Chicago, Columbus, and other communities. Is your community among these snapshots??
- The 2011 National Conference on Ending Family Homelessness website It's new and improved and waiting for you! Registration has opened and we've already received applications - are you one of them? This year's conference is in sunny Oakland, California and we can't wait to see you there!
- And one more for good measure: the homepage. Find out about the latest policy updates, reports, documents, campaigns, events, and news. And what's most important (read to me?) This is where you can connect with us.I know you’re already here (on the blog) but are you connecting with us on Facebook and Twitter? If you aren’t, you should! Our social networks are a great way to connect with us online, meet our experts and advocates, and learn (up-to-the-minute) what’s happening in our office and the field of homelessness. We talk with our friends, trade notes, links, and resources, and chat about emerging issues and upcoming innovations.