- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
The Alliance has a New Blog!
December 14, 2012
Attention readers! The Alliance’s blog has been updated. We are currently in the process of transitioning from a Wordpress blog to an integrated blog on our website. The new blog has the same content, but now comes with more bells and whistles to make your experience more interactive. We also now have a favicon, the logo icon that appears when you bookmark our page in your Bookmarks Toolbar. (It's the small touches that matter.) The new and permanent location for our blog on our website is here, so please update your bookmarks.
A few new things you will notice:
- You can now share the individual blog post via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and email. Please share broadly to your networks.
- With an easy right-hand sidebar link, subscribing to the blog has never been easier. Subscribe today and don’t miss out on daily posts.
- A Twitter feed is now included on the right-hand sidebar, so you can stay tuned to the most current Alliance Tweets, allowing you to reply, retweet, mark a tweet as your favorite, and tweet to us!
- When you search the Alliance Library, you will now find blog posts too, and you can still filter posts by specific categories.
- The blog is now fully integrated into our website, located under the News and Events tab, with the same look and feel.
- We have moved our blog-roll, which lists the blogs of our partners in the field, from the page footer to a more visible spot on the right-hand sidebar
- We are working out our archiving function, but you can currently navigate older blogs using the page numbers and arrows located on the bottom of the page.
Needless to say, we are still working out a few kinks that are typical with content migrations, some more noticeable than others. Over the next couple of weeks, we will be going back and fixing older blog posts, which now appear without some of the original spacing and paragraph breaks, and other minor issues we have noticed. We appreciate your patience as we tackle these fixes.
As always, you can count on the Alliance blog to feature the same authoritative content on the homeless assistance field, with guest posts from such important voices as the Director of the Office of HUD’s Special Needs Assistance Programs, Ann Oliva.
And we will continue to provide moving personal stories, commentary on the latest developments in homelessness, helpful advice for advocates and practitioners in the field, and important information about the Alliance’s own activities and events.