- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
Track of Workshops on Youth Homelessness at Upcoming Alliance Conference
May 7, 2012
In February, at the first ever National Conference on Ending Family and Youth Homelessness, the Alliance introduced a brand new framework for ending youth homelessness. Springboarding off the introduction of that framework, the Alliance is featuring a wide variety of content at the upcoming National Conference on Ending Homelessness to be held July 16-18 in Washington, DC, including, but not limited to:
- Systems-level outcome measures and approaches for communities working to end youth homelessness,
- Family intervention strategies to successfully prevent youth from becoming homeless and reunite youth who have become homeless with their families,
- Strategies for engaging and maintaining high need youth in housing programs,
- Improving outcomes of youth aging out of the child welfare system and those exiting the juvenile justice system to prevent homelessness,
- Scattered site housing models for youth,
- Improving employment outcomes for youth, and
- Creating welcoming and safe environments for LGBTQ youth to get these youth off of the street and keep them safe while in care..
These workshops are strategically placed throughout the conference to allow attendees to attend as many sessions on youth as possible. This will truly be a conference not to be missed for anyone working to end youth homelessness in their community. The early registration rate for the conference is only available online until 10am EST on Wednesday, May 30, 2012. Or, you may mail in your registration form postmarked by Wednesday, May 30, 2012.