- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
Webinar: “It’s a Data Driven World: Making the Most of the 2013 Youth Inclusive PIT Count.”
September 25, 2012
This January communities will feverishly conduct Point-in-Time counts of people experiencing homelessness. And guess what – for the first time youth ages 18-24 will be included as a specific population that will be counted and reported to HUD. This means that Continuum of Cares (CoCs) will need to develop key partnerships with youth providers and youth stakeholders to ensure a successful count. This also means that communities will need to know what methodologies have been proven to work. So, to help communities with the planning process, the Alliance is co-hosting a webinar titled, “It’s a Data Driven World: Making the Most of the 2013 Youth Inclusive PIT Count.”
The webinar will highlight three communities (San Jose, So. Nevada, and D.C.) that have successfully performed targeted youth counts. The webinar will discuss:
- How to partner with Continuum of Care (CoC) bodies to ensure a successful count;
- Concrete strategies for Coc’s regarding promising practices, methodologies, and lessons learned;
- How to incorporate these strategies into the youth inclusive Point in Time count in 2013;
- Guidance on how to incorporate school data into point-in-time counts; and
- Effective strategies for counting youth in rural communities.
Please join us on Thursday, October 4, at 1:30 P.M. EST by registering for this important webinar.