Annual Report 2009
National Alliance to End Homelessness
Report | June 24, 2010
Thank you for your interest in the Alliance Annual Report 2009. This document outlines the successes and achievements of the organization over the last year.
For more information about the Alliance or ways to get involved with the organization, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Helped 48 communities and 19 states implement key strategies to end homelessness.
- Hosted nearly 2,000 activists, service providers and public officials from around the country for conferences involving training, Hill visits, and workshops.
- Increased public knowledge of key strategies to end homelessness through publication of nine in-depth reports.
- Provided expert testimony to fi ve Congressional committees.
Cited in over 1,900 news stories in publications that included the Los Angeles Times, Washington Post and New York Times.
- Held three congressional briefi ngs on issues of concern to Congress including family homelessness, the intersection of homelessness and mental illness, and the impacts of the recession on homelessness.