- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
Upcoming Webinar: Prepare for the 2015 Point-in-Time Count, Enumerating Unsheltered Youth
September 19, 2014
2015 National Conference on Ending Family and Youth Homelessness
February 19 - 20, 2015
Congressional Briefing - Discretionary Budget Cuts: Impact on Veterans
December 6, 2012
Location: Russell Senate Office Bldg. Room: SR-418
As we move forward with the Administration's five year plan to end homelessness among veterans, significant progress is being made. The goal of ending veteran homelessness is now clearly within reach.
In this briefing, hosted by the Homeless Veteran Advocacy National Working Group, a panel of experts will educate policymakers on the unintended consequences of sequestration and other cuts on programs serving homeless veterans. The panelists will advocate for a better solution to the budgetary impasse that will not only undo the progress made in this historic effort to end veteran homelessness, but could potentially increases the number of our countries heroes left without a place to call home.
Panelists will include:
- Shauna Curley, Formerly homeless veteran in HUD funded program at Community Connections.
- Michael DeHart, Housing Coordinator, Community Connections
- Jonathan Harwitz, Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy and Programs, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Ian Lisman, Program and Policy Analyst on Veterans Homelessness, National Alliance to End Homelessness
- Doug Rice, Senior Policy Analyst, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Please RSVP by contacting Ian Lisman at email@example.com or 202.942.8257 by Wednesday, December 5.