- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
Webinar: Prepare for the 2015 Point-In-Time Count: Unsheltered Count 101
November 3, 2014
November 5, 2014
2015 National Conference on Ending Family and Youth Homelessness
February 18 - 20, 2015
Congressional Briefing: Showing Results: Federal, State, and Local Responses to Homelessness
March 12, 2007
The National Alliance to End Homelessness, and our co-sponsoring organizations: The National Alliance on Mental Illness, The National Low Income Housing Coalition, The National AIDS Housing Coalition, The National Coalition for Homeless Veterans, The National Coalition for the Homeless, Enterprise Community Partners, and the Corporation for Supportive Housing, among others, invites you to attend "Showing Results: Federal, State, and Local Responses to Homelessness," a Congressional Briefing to be held on Monday, March 12, 2007 from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm at the U.S. Capitol in Room S-207. Box lunch will be provided.
National experts and on-the-ground practitioners will address:
- Homelessness Counts, the first nationwide estimate of the homeless population in a decade. It lays the groundwork for measuring efforts to end homelessness by establishing a baseline number of homeless people from which to monitor trends in homelessness.
- Progress being made and the effect of federal policy on local community work to end homelessness, including policy affecting families with children, individuals with disabilities, unaccompanied youth, veterans, and prisoners re-entering the community – to name a few.
- Partnerships across sectors at the local and state level, notably how Ten Year Plans to End Homelessness have created and encouraged unique collaborations.
- Sam Cobbs, Executive Director, The First Place Fund for Youth, Oakland, CA
- Gail Dorfman, Hennepin County Commissioner, Hennepin Co., MN
Rob Hess, Commissioner, New York City Department of Homeless Services, New York, NY
- Robert Hohler, Executive Director, Melville Charitable Trust, Boston, MA
- Nan Roman, President, National Alliance to End Homelessness, Washington, DC
Please RSVP regarding your attendance to Sarah Kahn, National Alliance to End Homelessness at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-638-1526 ext. 128.