- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
- Ramping Up Rapid Re-Housing Series
Rapid Re-Housing for Youth: Shared Housing & Roommates
May 25, 2017
President’s Budget Proposal - Overview and Impact on Homelessness
May 25, 2017
30 Minutes On: Carriers to Coverage
June 5, 2017
What is the Transitional Housing-Rapid Re-Housing Joint Component?
June 15, 2017
National Conference on Ending Homelessness
July 17 - 19, 2017
Congressional Briefing: Showing Results: Federal, State, and Local Responses to Homelessness
March 12, 2007
The National Alliance to End Homelessness, and our co-sponsoring organizations: The National Alliance on Mental Illness, The National Low Income Housing Coalition, The National AIDS Housing Coalition, The National Coalition for Homeless Veterans, The National Coalition for the Homeless, Enterprise Community Partners, and the Corporation for Supportive Housing, among others, invites you to attend "Showing Results: Federal, State, and Local Responses to Homelessness," a Congressional Briefing to be held on Monday, March 12, 2007 from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm at the U.S. Capitol in Room S-207. Box lunch will be provided.
National experts and on-the-ground practitioners will address:
- Homelessness Counts, the first nationwide estimate of the homeless population in a decade. It lays the groundwork for measuring efforts to end homelessness by establishing a baseline number of homeless people from which to monitor trends in homelessness.
- Progress being made and the effect of federal policy on local community work to end homelessness, including policy affecting families with children, individuals with disabilities, unaccompanied youth, veterans, and prisoners re-entering the community – to name a few.
- Partnerships across sectors at the local and state level, notably how Ten Year Plans to End Homelessness have created and encouraged unique collaborations.
- Sam Cobbs, Executive Director, The First Place Fund for Youth, Oakland, CA
- Gail Dorfman, Hennepin County Commissioner, Hennepin Co., MN
Rob Hess, Commissioner, New York City Department of Homeless Services, New York, NY
- Robert Hohler, Executive Director, Melville Charitable Trust, Boston, MA
- Nan Roman, President, National Alliance to End Homelessness, Washington, DC
Please RSVP regarding your attendance to Sarah Kahn, National Alliance to End Homelessness at email@example.com or 202-638-1526 ext. 128.