- About Homelessness
- News & Events
- Take Action
- About Us
- Ramping Up Rapid Re-Housing Series
How to Be an Awesome Shelter - Dallas
March 23 - 24, 2017
Do you have what it takes to be an awesome shelter?
If not, consider attending How to Be an Awesome Shelter - a clinic organized by OrgCode and supported in partnership by the Alliance's Center for Capacity Building. Over the course of the day-and-a-half clinic you will learn how to:
- Ensure your shelter is housing-focused;
- Connect your shelter to the broader of system of care and coordinated entry;
- Implement diversion and prevention that works;
- Move from charitable approaches of shelter delivery to professional approaches that focus on the use of data, program improvement, and core competencies of staff;
- Practice trauma-informed shelter and practicing harm reduction within shelter;
- Establish appropriate expectations rather that enforcing social control;
- Assess the needs of subpopulations within shelter;
- Ensure solid policies and procedures are in place to guide your shelter operation;
- And how shelters can help end homelessness.
The cost is $400 (U.S.). Use promo code AWESOME when registering and receive a 15 percent discount.
For more detailed information, please visit OrgCode or click on the 'Register Here' button above.